Social media marketing can be useful for businesses, and web and app developers, provided they follow the right tactics for it.
Social media is the most significant and powerful tool for business promotion and app development. This is because there are more than 2.7 billion people communicating on one or more of these social media platforms across the globe. Therefore, not connecting with a billion users is not a wise decision. That's why most businesses today have a well-crafted and effective app marketing strategy in place.
Like every project, running a social media campaign for mobile apps needs a proper plan. To plan well you should emphasize:
- Choosing and analyzing your target audience based on the demographics
- Choose the best content suitable for your business and audience
- Select the best social media platform or platforms to use to promote your app
Once you are done planning, you should focus on crafting content that will be interesting, appealing, original and useful. The content should keep your social media users engaged and give them useful information they can share with other fans, friends and followers, "like" it and comment on it. To stand out among the large amount of content on social media, there's a simple ploy which involves:
- Keep it fresh, short and crisp
- Break it into small paragraphs
- Use subheads and bullets to substantiate the important points
- Use the best social media lingo
- Use interesting pictures, videos and infographics
Also, allow your audience to participate by conducting surveys, quizzes, and contests to create more participation and engagement, and also offer freebies to help turn the audience into loyal customers.
Choose the right channel
There are lots of social media channels you can use with your mobile app promotion, but the most effective ones include:
Facebook: This is almost synonymous with modern social media marketing. All you have to do is create an appealing Facebook page for your app and then upload the content you have created for it. Make it interesting so that you can engage your target active users to share the link.
Instagram: This is the best platform to use if you want to cover all aspects of social media marketing and gain more followers, likes, shares and Instagram likes free trial. Create a free business account and start uploading the best and most interesting images. Make sure that these images are related to your app.
Twitter: This is the third popular social network in line for marketing your brand, product and app. Just create a Twitter page for your app and follow users with similar interests. Use the search bar to find out the list of accounts similar to yours that you should follow.
Though these three networks are enough to get you a lot of followers, there are other social media tools such as Google+ to run your marketing campaigns. However, it's only consistency and hard work that will help you to achieve your marketing goals.
Use paid ads
Sponsored posts or paid ads on social media are also popular and effective ways to reach to your target audience. According to research, these paid social ads drive more than 49% of mobile app downloads.
Therefore, using paid ads on social media is essential for you to convert the users and boost your visibility, especially when there's a steady decline in the organic reach across all social media channels.
- Make sure that you choose the best platform that is aligned with your target audience while selecting and advertising option
- Also make sure that your targeting is more granular because that will save a lot in your marketing budget and increase the number of app downloads.
To save more, you can use User Generated Content, and to gain more from these social ads you must explore and use influencer marketing.
Creating your strategy
If you want to create an effective social media strategy for your app marketing you must do more than rely on word of mouth alone. If you really want to exploit this mobile marketplace you must use these marketing techniques. This will ensure that the people get what they want from you.
- You must research your audience to target your marketing efforts in a better way by knowing their demographics, lifestyle, spending and recreational habits
- You must know your competitors and find out what has worked and what has not worked for them, and follow similar processes for your marketing
- You must market early to increase the interest in your users by releasing videos of development diaries, running polls and contests, engaging with the potential customers, and releasing teasers as the launching date comes close
You must also ensure that you:
- Are ready with the press kit
- Optimize the app store page
- Get reviews
- Monitor the app results
Last but not least, you should not ignore SEO, so that you can get to people looking for you quicker.
Maximize your efforts
Try all possible ways to maximize your mobile app marketing on social media. You must promote your app before you launch it with different promotions on different social platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest and even Snapchat.
Having more accounts on different social channels will increase the chances of gaining maximum exposure to your prospective customers. When you gain a large number of followers, make sure that you engage with them by replying to their messages and comments made on your content.
Finally, make sure that your content is interesting and informative, as that is the foundation of every social media marketing strategy trying to build a strong social media presence.