How an Increase in Productivity Helps Your Business
Productivity is about so much more than downloading the latest time-saving app or eliminating unnecessary meetings. Instead, productivity is about working smarter and accomplishing more in less time, with the help of work automation, planning, and determination.
An increase in productivity can impact every part of your business, from profitability to employee morale to customer experience.
Here are three specific ways it can improve your business:
- Increased profitability: When employees produce more in less time or reduce the total amount of hours they need to work to achieve the same task, you can lower your operational costs and increase output.
- Optimized resourcing: Small business owners can find it challenging to use their resources (employees) to their maximum potential. By improving productivity across the business, individual employees will better understand their responsibilities and have a greater sense of ownership. This will also help you identify overlapping roles or employees who need more work.
- Better customer experience: An increase in productivity can be felt both internally and externally. Employees will have more time to spend on customers, either giving them more attention via customer service or focusing on gathering feedback to improve the product or service.
How to Increase Small Business Productivity
As a small business owner, time is your most valuable resource. You only have a finite amount of hours in each day to complete a never-ending list of tasks. While it’s easy to feel overwhelmed, you can instead use that energy to make a dedicated effort to boost productivity.
Here are five ways to increase small business productivity:
- Focus on one task at a time: While you may feel more productive in the moment, multitasking is actually less efficient than doing a single thing at a time. And, people who regularly multitask can’t pay attention, recall information, or switch tasks as well as people who complete one task at a time. So, eliminate all distractions and focus on one thing at a time until it’s completed.
- Learn to say no: Avoid committing to projects, events, or meetings that don’t align with your business goals. You can’t accomplish everything, so make sure to have a crystal clear direction to help you save your resources on things that matter most.
- Block your calendar: You’ll never get anything done if you’re constantly in meetings or battling your inbox. Use your calendar as a way to control when you can dedicate your time and attention to some hard tasks. For example, schedule meeting-free days or block off the first three hours of each day to concentrate.
- Seek a change of scenery: Sometimes you just need to leave the office for inspiration to strike. If you’re feeling stuck, get up and move. Take a walk around the block or go grab a drink at your favorite coffee shop. Stretching your legs and getting some fresh air will give you a new perspective.
- Delegate tasks to your team: Delegation will help you and your team accomplish more, but it always comes with a certain level of risk. To make sure it doesn’t cause extra rounds of rework, be strategic and transparent. Consider each employee’s strengths and abilities when assigning tasks. And, be sure to clearly communicate the expectations and deliverables.
Looking for more tips? Sign up for our free online course on how to improve productivity in just 15 minutes a day.
How Keap Can Help
Investing in small business software, like Keap, can also boost productivity. You can organize information and daily work in one place, then set up rules to automate certain tasks. You’ll always stay on track and see what to do next, without the stress or worry.
Here are four ways Keap can help increase small business productivity:
- Centralize customer information: A client management system collects data about your leads and customers and organizes your contacts to save hours of work. You can easily upload, store, and manage detailed individual records that include name, address, email, type of customer, purchase history, and more. By centralizing all this information, you can make better decisions and see what really matters to your customers.
- Get paid faster: Say goodbye to repetitive, administrative chores like invoicing clients on a regular basis. With Keap, you can use an intuitive invoice editor to upload your logo, choose which contact to bill, set the due date, and add line items. Then, when you connect your bank and use Keap Payments, you’ll be able to accept American Express, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover directly through our app.
- Save time scheduling meetings With Keap Appointments, you can set up your calendar, email a link with your availability, and your customer can pick the time that works best. No more back-and-forth scheduling via email and no more no-shows.
- Connect your favorite apps: Eliminate the need to bounce between different apps to find updates or validate data. With more than 230 native and supported integrations, Keap works with the tools you use on a daily basis. For example, you can integrate with QuickBooks or Xero to make sure your records are automatically reconciled — no more double data entry!
The beauty of small business software, like Keap, is that even by automating one simple task, you can save hours each month. And you can use that time saved to focus on growing your business and keeping your customers happy.
Start your free trial of Keap today. No credit card required.